The Importance of Server Management for Small Businesses2017-12-13
5 keys to selecting a managed services provider
In today's ever-evolving technology, selecting the right IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) is a top priority for any organization. Therefore, it is extremely important that you find a solution that fits your business needs. To make your search simple, easier and more streamlined, here are five tips for choosing an IT Managed Service Provider.
- Industry focus: This is extremely important. A Managed Service Provider will be your end-to-end solutions provider. If they do not have experience in the industry you operate, there will be a lack of knowledge that will reflect on the services performed. Understanding your industry requirements is key during every project, upgrade and communication. The right MSP will be one with the greatest understanding of your business and industry.
A knowledgeable Managed Service Provider will make recommendations for improvements beyond your hardware. The MSP should provide insightful information for improving workflow, training, and software systems.
- Personalized services: Most businesses may be considering providers that offer standard services, but obtaining quality from your Managed Service Provider means choosing an MSP that provides a tailored solution. A standard menu of services fails to take into consideration the unique needs of each client. A competent Managed Service Provider understands your unique technical requirements and will work with you to create a plan of action that not only guides your business to its goals, but also allows room for expansion to accommodate future needs.
- Advanced technology: An MSP can offer you premium services at competitive rates due to the fact that they leverage their investment in advanced technologies—and in training their staff—over a large number of customers. By using this model, you get the most advanced technology and sophisticated IT talent available without having to make those investments yourself.
It’s important to make sure that the Managed Service Provider you hire has a proven track record of solid client retention, and professional, knowledgeable consultants who have earned multiple certifications. This allows not only to maintain your current technology structure but also will help you grow by using the latest technologies moving forward.
- Flexibility and scalability: A qualified Managed IT Service Provider must be capable of not only providing technical expertise and IT support for your current infrastructure, but also maintaining, monitoring and making upgrades to your services as your business needs change. The correct provider will ensure that your business has high availability that adequately supports the needs of your workforce and your customers. The MSP will take you through the entire process—from planning and migration to culture change, management and optimization.
- Security: Last but not least, ask the Managed Service Provider you are taking into consideration for their security certifications and their ability to meet HIPAA, PCI, or other qualifications that help you comply with regulatory and industry statutes.
The type of equipment used by your MSP is also a crucial consideration. Your provider should deploy and provide security & vulnerability assessments to identify network security weaknesses and protect you from cyber-attacks.
With more than 19 years of experience and advanced technical expertise, we are fully qualified to be your Managed Service Provider. Contact us for more information.